Almost all Jyotish treatises have extensively dealt with financial matter and having exclusive chapters on Dhana and Daridra yogas. Following are the choice aphorisms from Jataka Parijatha on lack of financial ease and indigence.
1) Jupiter as lord of lagna or 8th exceeds the lord of 9th in strength and afflicted lord of 11th be other than kendar then yoga forms called daridra that yields bad luck and indigence.
2) Debilitated and combust Jupiter, Mars, Saturn or Mercury occupies 11th, 6th, 12th, 8th or 5th, constitutes the daridra.
3) If Saturn in the 9th house under malefic aspects, while Mercury associated with Sun occupies the lagna and falls in neechamsa. The person will be a beggar.
4) Should (non-luminaries) Jupiter, Mercury, Venus, Saturn and Mars occupy the dushtana (6th, 8th, 12th), 5th and 10th in any order. And the combust lord of 12th is stronger than lagna lord.
5) Debilitated Venus, Jupiter, Moon and Mars place in any four of the 1st, 10th, 11th, 6th, 7th, and 8th houses.
6) Venus in debilitation in lagna, Jupiter, Mars and Moon are also in their debilitation signs leads to daridra yoga.
7) Lagna in a fixed sign (Tau, Leo, Sco, Aqu), powerful malefic planets are in kendara and kona, while benefic planets occupy/aspect other than kendara, the native live upon alms.
8) Lagna in a moveable sign (Ari, Can, Lib, Cap) during night time, weak benefic planets occupy kendara and kona while malefic planets do not occupy/aspect kendara makes the individual indigent and poverty-stricken.